BC Marriage Ministry
Getaway Conferences for Married Couples
- Weekend to Remember Family Life conferences (Renaissance Hotel, Tulsa, OK, Feb 10-12, 2023) are two-and-a-half-day romantic weekend entices you to invest in and strengthen your marriage―no matter how firm or fragile. You are finally getting away–to get back to what matters. “What will we learn?”
- Handle issues well as they arise, rather than letting resentment fester
- Express feelings positively, so your partner remains engaged
- Maintain a vital sexual connection
- Resolve conflict in healthy, productive ways
- Forgive freely and completely
- Increase your commitment―and your closeness
- For more information and to register, visit www.familylife.com/weekend-to-remember.’ When registering, please remember to use our group name: ‘believerschurchtulsa’. Early bird discount through Sept 19, 2022 is $87.50/person, and after is $100 off per couple registration when using our group name ‘believerschurchtulsa’.
Resources to promote better practices
- Life Innovation’s couple checkup for self-driven reflection… The Couple Checkup is designed to help you and your partner build a more satisfying and intimate relationship by answering the questions which will stimulate thoughts and attitudes about your relationship. It will promote activate dialogue, discovery, and increase the overall quality of your relationship. The checkup will help you discover your strengths as a couple. Strengths are what enable you to enjoy, and to continue developing a healthy relationship. It will also help you identify issues that are threatening the vitality of your relationship and may need to be addressed.
- Drs. Les & Leslie Parrott’s Video Tips… A husband-and-wife team who not only share the same name, but the same passion for helping others build healthy relationships. Les is a professor of psychology at Northwest University and they are founders of the Center for Healthy Relationships on the campus of Olivet University. Part of Les and Leslie’s vision for building stronger, life-long marriages is to equip a band of more than a million marriage mentors who walk alongside less experienced couples. Research reveals that marriage mentoring is one of the best things we can do to cut the divorce rate and improve marriages – whether couples are engaged, newly married or married for decades. You’ll find over five hundred video answers to questions about every couple has. You will find answers to topics on parenting, communication, sex, finances and more!
- Cloud & Townsend Resources…“Dr. Henry Cloud and Dr. John Townsend have been bringing hope and healing to millions for well over two decades, helping people discover solutions to life’s most difficult personal and relational challenges. Their material provides solid, practical answers and offers guidance in the areas of parenting, marriage, dating, emotional struggles, leadership, and personal and spiritual growth.
- Family Life Ministry… At FamilyLife, we understand there is a gap between the intention we have for our families and what we actually experience in life. Too often, our relationships fall short of what we desire them to be. But this isn’t what we were made for. Instead, we believe God made us to live in perfect community with Him and each other. We believe God’s word offers insight for us to bridge the gap — to make our intentions match the reality of our relationships. To that end, we create content and experiences to help families pursue what matters most and grow more fulfilling connections with God, each other, and their communities.
- Focus on the Family… Ultimately, we believe the purpose of life is to know and glorify God through an authentic relationship with His Son, Jesus Christ. This purpose is lived out first within our own families then extended, in love, to an increasingly broken world that desperately needs Him. Through our radio broadcasts, websites, simulcasts, conferences, interactive forums, magazines, books, counseling and much more, Focus on the Family equips parents, children and spouses to thrive in an ever-changing, ever-more-complicated world.