BC Marriage Ministry
Getaway Conferences for Married Couples
- Marriage Encounter is a weekend away (typically held in Tulsa in the Fall timeframe at the Doubletree Hotel) for couples who want to take their marriage from good to great. There are unique presentations by thoroughly trained couples who understand real-world marriage. It is honest, practical & never sappy. Weekends are planned to give you private time with your spouse to examine & go deep.
- TOPICS – Specially trained couples will guide you through carefully honed communication techniques with talks inspired by their firsthand experiences–experiences that open discussions about money, family, changing seasons of life, sex, and God. Every session ends with time to talk it over in the privacy of your own hotel room.
- PRIVATE TIME – Marriage Encounter gives couples the opportunity to sign off, get away, and examine their lives together in a real and realistic way. It is based on the belief that marriage is the most meaningful relationship on earth. If you believe that, too, Marriage Encounter is for you.
- Weekend to Remember Family Life conferences (typically held in Tulsa in the February timeframe at the Renaissance Hotel) are two-and-a-half-day romantic weekend entices you to invest in and strengthen your marriage―no matter how firm or fragile. You are finally getting away–to get back to what matters. “What will we learn?”
- Handle issues well as they arise, rather than letting resentment fester
- Express feelings positively, so your partner remains engaged
- Maintain a vital sexual connection
- Resolve conflict in healthy, productive ways
- Forgive freely and completely
- Increase your commitment―and your closeness
Online Resources for Improving Relationships
- Life Innovation’s couple checkup for self-driven reflection… The Couple Checkup is designed to help you and your partner build a more satisfying and intimate relationship by answering the questions which will stimulate thoughts and attitudes about your relationship. It will promote activate dialogue, discovery, and increase the overall quality of your relationship. The checkup will help you discover your strengths as a couple. Strengths are what enable you to enjoy, and to continue developing a healthy relationship. It will also help you identify issues that are threatening the vitality of your relationship and may need to be addressed.
- Collection of Parrott’s counseling videos by topic… You’ll find over five hundred video answers to questions about every couple has. You will find answers to topics on parenting, communication, sex, finances and more!
- Collection of Cloud & Townsend counseling videos by topic… Great answers to questions about relationships, communication and more.
Other Ministries that promote healthy practices that honor God, provide marriage encouragements, and expand your awareness on a host of related topics:
If you are interested in being trained as a Marriage Mentor for encouraging & modeling healthy behaviors for other couples
- Training for becoming a mentoring couple… Help other couples by leveraging off your experience…. being a safe sounding board for them. If you have questions about becoming a mentor, please contact the Mentoring team by calling the church 918-495-2929.