- Couples Workshops | Gottman Institute Our curriculum is developed from 40 years of research with more than 3,000 couples. It’s grounded on what actually works in relationships that are happy and stable, not idealistic notions or anecdotal evidence of what a relationship should be. Based on years of research with thousands of couples, The Art and Science of Love workshops will give you new insights and research-based skills that can dramatically improve the intimacy and friendship in your relationship and help you manage conflict in a healthy, positive way.
- Believe in a Better Marriage AG Marriage Encounter will be at Doubletree
Warren Place Feb. 18 – 20, 2022….. Weekend away for couples who want to take their marriage from good to great. There are unique presentations by thoroughly trained couples who understand real-world marriage. It’s honest, practical & never sappy. Weekends are planned to give you private time with your spouse to examine & go deep.
- Weekend to Remember FamilyLife conference will be at the Renaissance
Hotel (Hwy 169 & 71st) Feb. 11-13, 2022…. You fell in love. But real life wasn’t far behind. Our two-and-a-half day romantic weekend entices you to invest in and strengthen your marriage―no matter how firm or fragile. You’re finally getting away–to get back to what matters. “What will we learn?”
- Handle issues well as they arise, rather than letting resentment fester
- Express feelings positively, so your partner remains engaged
- Maintain a vital sexual connection
- Resolve conflict in healthy, productive ways
- Forgive freely and completely
- Increase your commitment―and your closeness
- ‘Love & Respect’ Conference opportunities National website for live conferences to further explore Love & Respect principles that will impact relationships both inside and outside the context of marriage. These conferences last 2 days and are held in various locations.
Online Resources for Building Marriages
- Life Innovations’s couple checkup for self-driven reflection… The Couple Checkup is designed to help you and your partner build a more satisfying and intimate relationship. Just answering the questions will stimulate thoughts and attitudes about your relationship. It is designed to activate dialogue, discovery, and increase the overall quality of your relationship. The checkup will help you discover your strengths as a couple. Strengths are what enable you to enjoy, and to continue developing a healthy relationship. It will also help you identify issues that are threatening the vitality of your relationship and may need to be addressed.
- Collection of Parrott’s counseling videos by topic… You’ll find over 500 video answers to questions just about every couple has. You’ll find answers to topics on parenting, communication, sex, finances and more!
- Collection of Cloud & Townsend counseling videos by topic… Great answers to questions about relationships, communication and more.
- Sign-up for free email subscriptions to receive marriage encouragements toward improving your practices & expanding your awareness on a host of related topics:
If you are interested in being trained as a Marriage Mentor for encouraging & modeling healthy behaviors for other couples
- Training for becoming a mentoring couple… Help other couples by leveraging off your being a safe sounding board for another couple. You contribute your healthy practices & experiences of what’s worked and not worked in an on-going journey. If you have questions about becoming a mentor, please contact the Mentoring team by calling the church 918-495-2929.